Cleveland Dance Fest 2019
Youth showcase Application
1. This application is for youth dance ensembles ages 12 -18 years old.
2. All works submitted must not exceed 12 minutes.
3. Submission requirements for dance pieces: Cleveland Dance Fest is looking for concert dance pieces in the following styles/forms: modern/contemporary dance, ballet, pointe, cultural & traditional dance forms (african, indian…).
Small Group Piece: 2-5 dancers
Large Group Piece: 6+ dancers
*We are not accepting any solo applications. (If you have a question regarding your piece, please email us at email@example.com)
4. All dancers performing must be between the age of 12 - 18 years old. (If at time of submission a dancer is a senior in high school and will be a freshman in college at the time of performance, they qualify to perform at CDF in the Youth Showcase)
5. All applicants are required to submit a video of the proposed work. Rehearsal footage accepted. All works submitted must by completed at time of submission. Unfinished work will not be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS. INCOMPLETE WORKS AT TIME OF APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Note: Cast in video submission does not need to be the cast performing in CDF. If selected, final cast names must be submitted by September 1st
6. Submissions for the youth showcase must be made under 1 studio/school name. Each studio/school can submit up to 2 pieces. (If you are a teacher or student looking to submit, please check with your studio to see if they are submitting an application. If so, you will need to submit under their name to ensure that no more than 2 applications are submitted per studio/school)
7. Upon receiving your application, an invoice will be sent to each applicant with payment instructions. Applications will not be adjudicated until the $10.00 Application fee is paid, and all supplemental materials have been submitted. (Application fee is non refundable)
Note: Applicant's can submit up to two applications. A $10 application fee will apply to your first submission and a $5 application fee will apply to your second submission.
8. All selected artists will be required to call in for the Information & Contract Meeting - Conference Call (MANDATORY CONFERENCE CALL)
August 18th, 2019 (2:15 - 3:00 pm)
9. Master Classes: Youth master classes will be taught by selected CDF professional artists performing in the evening concerts. Classes will take place Saturday, November 9th between 9:30 am - 2:00 pm. Each piece selected to perform must have a minimum of 50% of their cast attend all 4 master classes in order to perform.
Note: If selected, name of cast members participating in master classes & payment for classes are due by October 1st.
10. The Youth Showcase will take place Saturday, November 9th at 5:00 pm. Tech rehearsal will take place Saturday, November 9th from 3:00 - 4:30 pm. (ALL CAST MEMBERS MUST BE PRESENT AT TECH IN ORDER TO PERFORM. NO EXCEPTIONS.)
11. TMP will provide the following resources and benefits:
professional video footage of your piece (digital copy)
marketing & promotional support
affordable master classes for youth
designated place to display your marketing material in the lobby
dressing room & warm-up space
marley stage floor, professional lighting (basic stage lights up and down)
panel of professional artists to provide feedback & discussion for your work
the opportunity to share work with an audience
Important dates, times, fees & pricing
July 8th (due at 11:00 pm) - APPLICATION DUE
August 18th, 2019 (2:15 - 3:00 pm) - MANDATORY CONFERENCE CALL
November 9th, 2019 (All Day - see breakdown below) - CDF 2019: YOUTH SHOWCASE TECH/PERFORMANCE/MASTER CLASSES
9:30 am - 2:00 pm (Youth Master Classes)
3:00 - 4:30 pm (Youth Showcase Tech Rehearsal)
5:00 pm (Youth Showcase Performance)
*specific times above subject to change.
$10 application fee (1st submission) $5 application fee (2nd submission)
Master Class Pricing:
$48 (4 Class Pass) - Note: Each piece selected to perform must have a minimum of 50% of their cast purchase a 4 class pass.
$14 (Single class rate)
Ticket Prices for Youth Showcase:
$14 (pre-sale/door price)
How to Apply: Youth showcase Application
Part 1 & 2 applications - Due July 8th, 2019 by 11:00 pm
1. Fill out the form below (Application Part 1)
2. Email the following support material to firstname.lastname@example.org (Application Part 2)
a. Resume or Company CV
b. Please provide 2-3 high quality photographs of the proposed work or artist (300 dpi).
Application Part 1
Artists will be notified by end of July on their application status.