Cleveland Dance Fest 2019
Show 1 & Show 2 - professional artists Application
1. NE Ohio independent dance artists or dance company (artists who reside outside Ohio may apply, see below)
*CDF's mission is to provide support and a platform for artists who work, live or have a strong connection to Cleveland. We do accept applications for those who reside outside of northeast Ohio or the state, but do note that the majority of artists selected will be from the area.
2. All applicants, including casts, must be professional dancers. (Grad students welcome to apply)
*If you are a college dance student, please submit through the emerging works showcase for emerging artists.
3. All applicants must adhere to the time limits below at time of submission:
Large Group Pieces (5 or more dancers)
Length of work: Between 10-15 minutes (must not exceed 15 minutes)
Small Group Pieces (2-4 dancers)
Length of work: Between 8-15 minutes (must not exceed 15 minutes)
Solos (1 dancer)
Length of work: Between 5-10 minutes (must not exceed 10 minutes)
4. Rehearsal footage of new work is acceptable but only if the piece is complete. All works submitted must by completed at time of submission. Unfinished work will not be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS. INCOMPLETE WORKS AT TIME OF APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. If an unfinished work is submitted, you will receive an email letting you know that your application has not been accepted due to incomplete piece at time of submission.
Note: Cast in video submission does not need to be the cast performing in CDF. If selected, final cast names must be submitted by September 1st
5. Upon receiving your application, an invoice will be sent to each applicant with payment instructions. Applications will not be adjudicated until the $30.00 Application fee is paid, and all supplemental materials have been submitted. (Application fee is non refundable)
Note: Applicant's can submit up to two applications. A $30 application fee will apply to your first submission and a $15 application fee will apply to your second submission.
6. All selected artists will be required to sell an allotted amount of tickets to their performance (details will be outlined in contract). Cleveland Dance Fest is a unique experience for artists involved. TMP works to develop a partnership with each artist/group to help provide a platform to promote each artist. We work closely with artists to create marketing materials to promote your work through video and social media campaigns during the months leading up to CDF. In addition, we work with artists to sell tickets so we can maximize the artist’s reach to the community.
7. The choreographer or representative of the dance company applying must be available the following dates. (DATES ARE MANDATORY, NO EXCEPTION)
Information & Contract Meeting - Conference Call (must be available for 1 of the meeting dates below)
August 18th, 2019 (Noon - 1:00 pm)
August 25th, 2019 (Noon - 1:00 pm)
Thursday, November 7th: Between 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (Tech Rehearsal - each artist will be given a 30 - 50 minute time slot) - You will be assigned a specific tech time by August 18th, this way you can plan your schedule around the time you are required to be in the theater. All cast members must be present at tech rehearsal - no exception.
Friday, November 8th or Saturday, November 9th (Applicants accepted may be asked to perform in both dates or 1, dependent on how many artists selected)
8. If you are interested in teaching a master class at the festival, please indicate so and fill out the appropriate boxes in your application. Artists will receive a $50 stipend for their class.
9. Compensation: Each piece selected will be compensated based on size of cast. (Each year TMP works to secure and increase artist support through fundraising and grant efforts. We value the work CDF artist share with the community and we are here to continue pushing the field to financially support artists.)
$350 (Small Group Piece - between 2-4 dancers)
$500 (Large Group Piece - 5 or more dancers)
10: TMP will provide the following resources and benefits:
professional video footage of your piece (digital copy)
marketing & promotional support
exclusive CDF artist rehearsal space booking at TMP studio (reduced specialty rate)
dressing room & warm-up space
marley stage floor, professional lighting, lighting designer & stage manager
full tech rehearsal
designated place to display your marketing material in the lobby
each participating artist will receive a discounted ticket to an upcoming TMP performance
IMPORTANT DATES, TIMES, FEES & PRICING
July 8th (due at 11:00 pm) - APPLICATION DUE
August 18th or 25th, 2019 (Noon - 1:00 pm) - MANDATORY CONFERENCE CALL - SELECT ONE DATE
November 7th, 2019 (9:00 am - 7:00 pm - specific time TBD) - MANDATORY TECH REHEARSAL
November 7th, 2019 (7:30 - 8:30 pm) - WELCOME PARTY
November 8th, 2019 (8:00 PM) - SHOW 1 PERFORMANCE
November 9th, 2019 (multiple times, see below) - MASTER CLASSES & SHOW 2 PERFORMANCE
9:30 am - 2:00 pm (Professional Master Classes)
8:00 pm (Show 2 Performance)
*specific times above subject to change.
Note: Additional due dates will be indicated in your contracts for program info, marketing materials (short social media video promoting your piece), ticket sales, ect…)
$30 application fee (1st submission) $15 application fee (2nd submission)
Master Class Pricing:
$48 (4 Class Pass)
$14 (Single class rate)
Ticket Prices for Show 1 & Show 2:
$16 (pre-sale price)
$18 (door sale price)
How to Apply: Professional Artist Application
Part 1 & 2 applications - Due July 8th, 2019 by 11:00 pm
1. Fill out the form below (Application Part 1)
2. Email the following support material to firstname.lastname@example.org (Application Part 2)
a. Resume or Company CV
b. Please provide 2-3 high quality photographs of the proposed work or artist (300 dpi).
Note: If you would like to submit more than one work or more than one application type, you will need to complete separate applications for each piece submitted.
Application Part 1
Artists will be notified by end of July on their application status.