Cleveland Dance Fest 2019
Emerging Works Concert - Emerging Artists/Works in progress
1. Artists at the beginning of their career or established artists with works in progress (College artists apply here).
2. All works submitted must not exceed 12 minutes
3. All applicants, including casts, must be 18 and older. (It is not required to be enrolled in a undergraduate dance program)
4. All applicants are required to submit a video of the proposed work. Rehearsal footage accepted. If you are submitting a work in progress, your piece should be at least 50% completed at the time of the submission. If selected, final footage of your piece will be due no later than October 14th, 2019.
Note: Cast in video submission does not need to be the cast performing in CDF. If selected, final cast names must be submitted by September 1st
5. Upon receiving your application, an invoice will be sent to each applicant with payment instructions. Applications will not be adjudicated until the $10.00 Application fee is paid, and all supplemental materials have been submitted. (Application fee is non refundable)
Note: Applicant's can submit up to two applications. A $10 application fee will apply to your first submission and a $5 application fee will apply to your second submission.
6. All selected artists will be encouraged to sell an allotted amount of tickets to their performance (details will be outlined in contract). This includes artists who reside outside of NE Ohio. Cleveland Dance Fest is a unique experience for artists involved. TMP works to develop a partnership with each artist/group to help provide a platform to promote each artist. We work closely with artists to create marketing materials to promote your work through video and social media campaigns during the months leading up to CDF. In addition, we work with artists to sell tickets so we can maximize the artist’s reach to the community.
7. All selected artists will be required to call in for the Information & Contract Meeting - Conference Call (must be available for 1 of the meeting dates below)
August 18th, 2019 (1:15 - 2:00 pm)
August 25th, 2019 (1:15 - 2:00 pm)
8. Compensation: Each group will receive a $75 stipend (solo artists or group). (Each year TMP works to secure and increase artist support through fundraising and grant efforts. We value the work CDF artist share with the community and we are here to continue pushing the field to financially support artists.)
9. The Emerging Works Concert will take place Friday, November 8th at 6:00 pm. Tech rehearsal will take place Friday, November 8th from 3:00 - 5:30 pm (ALL CAST MEMBERS MUST BE PRESENT AT REHEARSAL TO PERFORM. NO EXCEPTIONS).
10. TMP will provide the following resources and benefits:
professional video footage of your piece (digital copy)
marketing & promotional support
exclusive CDF artist rehearsal space booking at TMP studio (reduced specialty rate)
designated place to display your marketing material in the lobby
dressing room & warm-up space
marley stage floor, professional lighting (basic stage lights up and down)
panel of professional artists to provide feedback & discussion for your work
the opportunity to share work with an audience.
IMPORTANT DATES, TIMES, FEES & PRICING
July 8th (due at 11:00 pm) - APPLICATION DUE
August 18th or 25th, 2019 (1:15 - 2:00 pm) - MANDATORY CONFERENCE CALL - SELECT ONE DATE
November 7th, 2019 (7:30 - 8:30 pm) - WELCOME PARTY
November 8th, 2019 (multiple times, see below) - MANDATORY TECH REHEARSAL & EMERGING WORKS CONCERT
3:00 - 5:30 pm (Mandatory Tech Rehearsal)
6:00 pm (Emerging Works Concert)
November 9th, 2019 (multiple times, see below) - MASTER CLASSES
9:30 am - 2:00 pm (Professional Master Classes)
*specific times above subject to change.
Note: Additional due dates will be indicated in your contracts for program info, marketing materials (short social media video promoting your piece), ticket sales, ect…)
$10 application fee (1st submission) $5 application fee (2nd submission)
Master Class Pricing:
$48 (4 Class Pass)
$14 (Single class rate)
Ticket Prices for Emerging Works Concert:
$14 (pre-sale/door price)
How to Apply: EMERGING ARTISTS/WORKS IN PROGRESS APPLICATION
Part 1 & 2 applications - Due July 8th, 2019 by 11:00 pm
1. Fill out the form below (Application Part 1)
2. Email the following support material to firstname.lastname@example.org (Application Part 2)
a. Resume or Company CV
b. Please provide 2-3 high quality photographs of the proposed work or artist (300 dpi).
Application Part 1
Artists will be notified by end of July on their application status.